Bids for the external evaluation of the project “French language in South Africa and Lesotho: cooperation, training and promotion”
The Embassy of France in South Africa is inviting bids for the external evaluation of the project “French language in South Africa and Lesotho: cooperation, training and promotion” (original French title: « Le français en Afrique du Sud et au Lesotho : Coopération, Formation et Promotion »).
The project started in 2019 and will be fully completed by April 2021.
The evaluation will cover all activities undertaken by December 2020, and will serve to assess the project design, its implementation and achievements, under oversight of the Cooperation and Cultural Action Department of the French Embassy (SCAC).
The Evaluator will be expected to formulate recommendations to guide future interventions to support linguistic co-operation with South Africa and Lesotho.
The evaluation will take place in September-October 2020, and must be completed by 30 October 2020.
Download the Terms of Reference (ToR) spelling out the requirements for the external evaluation.
- TOR - Bids for the external evaluation of the project “French language in South Africa and Lesotho : cooperation, training and promotion”
- (PDF - 895.9 kb)
Interested bidders must submit the following documents / information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Technical proposal (max. 20 pages)
- Explain their understanding of the work and deliverables;
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work, including a tentative schedule;
- Explain why they are the most suitable to perform the evaluation work.
- Financial proposal, based on the template in Annexure 1.
- CV of all consultants highlighting past experiences in similar projects/assignments and languages skills accreditation in French and English when applicable.
- At least 2 references.
Bidders are invited to submit an electronic copy of their proposal with the subject REF: “FSPI French Language Evaluation - [name of Bidder]
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 July 2020, COB.