Call for applications Methodological Training in Social Sciences “SOURCES” Nandi County, Kenya, 16-23 July 2018
The French Institute for Research in Kenya (IFRA-Nairobi), the French Institute for Research in Nigeria (IFRA-Ibadan) and IFAS-Recherche (French Institute in South Africa-Research), in partnership with Moi University (Eldoret) and supported by the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the Institut de Recherches pour le Développement (IRD) et l’Institut National d’Etudes Démographiques (INED) are pleased to welcome applications for a 7-day methodological training in Social Sciences that will take place in Kenya, July 2018.
How to apply:
1. A letter of recommendation signed by the director of the master or the thesis is necessary to apply.
2. Return the scanned version of the letter of recommendation with the application form carefully filled in (especially the “Collecting and confronting a variety of sources in my research” (600 words)) to Dostin Lakika: email@example.com before May 10 2018.
2. If short listed, you will be contacted by May 30 2018 and arrangements will be made for your travel: IFAS-Recherche will book your flights.
3. Each participant should prepare a 10 min presentation (with one or two PowerPoint slides) to present their methodology and challenges regarding collecting and confronting primary sources in their research. This should be sent no later than July 10 2018.
4. Please note that the organisation committee will provide for transport from Nairobi to Nandi Hills, local transport, meals and accommodation. Small expenses (like drinks, etc.) won’t be taken care of by the organisation committee and no supplementary allowance will be given.
More information available here:
Download the application form here: