French Translation in South Africa

Documents used for immigration processing in South Africa must be translated into English by a sworn French translator.

If you are uncertain as to which documents must have an English translation, please inquire at your nearest Foreign Affairs office ( for more info.

Organizations such as the SATI (South African Transltors Institute) provides a list of sworn translators.

Do I need a sworn translator for general French translation services ?
Sworn translation are mandatory only for legal or immigration processing purposes. For general or technical French translation services, the French translator that you are going to hire needs to be a specialist in the field to which your document relates. Proper French translators will find out about the correct terminology related to your industry. Your translator may ask you questions, so you should -if possible- provide background material or terminology.

See also : French language facts

publie le 01/09/2011

haut de la page