Good France at the French Residence [fr]
More than 1 000 chefs from five continents celebrated French gastronomy on March 19.
Ambassador Elisabeth Barbier hosted selected guests at the French Residence in Pretoria for a six-course meal in celebration of Good France.
In South Africa, 6 restaurants took part in the event - serving special menus mixing French recipes with local products.
This international event celebrates the listing of the gastronomic meal of the French as a UNESCO “Intangible World Heritage” asset. Moët Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Andros and Elle & Vire sponsored the event.
Chef André Ahiba from the Residence prepared the following menu:
- Springbok Carpaccio wrapped in a black olive Cream Served on a Sorrel Coulis
- Roasted Paternoster lobster with a Ratatouille boat in a Red pepper juice
- Grilled Veal Filet Mignon with a Morel and Cep Mushroom Persillade, Veal juice glaze
- Sea Bass Loin en croute with a Choron’s style Béarnaise & Tomato sauce
- Camembert Tiramisu and Fresh Herb Salad
- French Chocolate « Fantaisies » trio
Download the Ambassador’s speech: