Grenoble voted best place to study in France!
Grenoble has been voted best place to study in France by L’Etudiant magazine.
Grenoble has a lot going for it including highly-ranked institutions of higher learning offering superior academic programs in high-demand disciplines.
Grenoble, situated at the foot of the French Alps, is home to 58 000 students. This city on a human scale offers five tramway lines, making it easy for students to move around in the city, and to the different campuses.
Rennes and Toulouse are ranked second and third in the rating.
In Grenoble, the capital of the French Alps and the Dauphiné region, mountains are ubiquitous. Grenoble boasts a profound constract between the dramatic views of the three massifs and the urban architecture of the city. They have managed to preserve vestiges of 2,050 years of history. Today a European centre, Grenoble is at the forefront of technology.
Welcoming and captivating the beautiful French city of Grenoble awaits you.
Not to be missed
- The old town, its 2,050 years of history and its exceptional heritage
- The Bastille fort and its cable car: an unobstructed view over Grenoble and the surrounding massifs
- Grenoble museums: Dauphinois museum, Musée de la Résistance et de la Déportation, National Centre for Contemporary Arts
- Markets and squares
- Parks and gardens
- The Fontaines circuit
- The Antiquarians district
- Via Ferrata: the first in an urban setting
- La Casamaures: a palace of "grey gold"
- Specialities: Grenoble walnuts, gratin dauphinois, Chartreuse liqueur
Be a smart visitor and spend less. To discover Grenoble, choose the Grenoble City Pass! This all-inclusive pass will allow you to get the most out of the capital of the French Alps.
- a round-trip by cable car
- a guided visit of the city
- access to the Musée de Grenoble
- a ride in the Petit Train Touristique
- many other discounted deals
Information: +33 (0)4 76 42 41 41
- March: Grenoble Jazz Festival
- August: Berlioz Festival / Icare cup
- December: Christmas market and International Festival of mountain films
- SNCF TGV station: 3 hrs from Paris.
- Airport: Grenoble-Isère (30 mns from the city centre).
- 2 tramway lines A/B - Maison du Tourisme stop, Lafayette underground parking.
- Bus/coach station, connection with ski resorts, shuttle to the airport.
- Motorways: A48 (560 km from Paris) A 480, A 41
© Atout France/Phovoir