Job offer: Development Program Officer
The Embassy of France in South Africa seeks to recruit a Program Officer with a double positioning within the political section and the cooperation section of the Embassy.
The Program Officer will carry out to the following tasks:
1. Assist the Ambassador in the overall coordination of the French Embassy’s development cooperation in South Africa. The Program Officer will be required to provide high quality analysis and strategic recommendations on development issues. She/he will represent the French Embassy in donors coordination meetings and other relevant fora (i.e; Development councilors meeting at the UE Delegation). She/he will be in charge of coordinating the writing of the New Framework Partnership Agreement between France and South Africa. She/He will prepare and follow-up on coordination meetings among relevant French public development partners.
2. Under the responsibility of the Cultural and Cooperation Counsellor, manage the French Government’s Civil Society Development Fund (CSDF) and other technical cooperation actions, including support to decentralized partnerships. The CSDF supports projects in the field of Human Rights and local governance. The program Officer will be in charge of supervising the project selection process, monitoring and evaluating the projects as well as communicating on the results.
3. She/He will maintain and develop the Embassy’s network with civil society actors in SA and will work closely with the French Development Agency to support the development of its expertise in the field of civil society and governance.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree related to development issues (economics, political science, social sciences, gender issues).
- Ability to work in French and to compose complex written documents in French and in English.
- At least a three-year experience in an organization involved in development policies in South Africa (CSO, public or private donor, relevant Government Department).
- Extensive knowledge of South African Civil Society, with an existing professional network.
- Solid knowledge of political, social & economic issues in South Africa.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of all aspects of MS Office Suites.
Position available from 17/09/2019.
Gross salary: R 53 875.00 per month + 13th cheque + medical aid + pension fund
Position located at the Embassy of France in Pretoria, with regular missions throughout the country.
NB: Non-South Africans must have a current work permit and the right to reside and work in South Africa.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 September 8.00am. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.