[Job offer] Officer in charge of the Espace Campus France
The Embassy of France and the French Institute of South Africa are seeking to appoint an Officer in charge of the Espace Campus France whose main objective will be promoting French higher education in South Africa and managing the yearly scholarship program of the embassy.
He/She will carry out the following tasks:
1. Strategic analysis
• Identify challenges in Higher Education sector in South Africa
• Identify opportunities of partnerships and development of the French South African cooperation in the field of Higher Education
• Identify opportunities for the co-funding of the French Embassy scholarship programme
• Develop a strategy to improve the France Alumni network
• Manage the French Embassy scholarship programme and follow-up on SA students in France
• Contribute to partnership development for scholarship co-funding opportunities
• Organize events to promote the French Higher Education system in South Africa nationwide.
• Correspond (via mail and telephone) with prospective students
• Manage communication platforms (Campus France and France Alumni website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Develop the France Alumni network and organise events throughout the country.
• Represent the Campus France office (espace) at national/international events and training sessions organized by Campus France.
3. Project management & Reporting
• Manage the Campus France financial budget and yearly agenda
• Contribute to the writing of agreements (universities partnership, bursary programs…)
• Coordinate with different partners involved (Campus France head office, Universities and high schools in South Africa and France, the Alliance Françaises, the French consulates and Capago, the French cultural institute and scientific institutions and suppliers…)
• Report to the director of IFAS, Head of Cooperation at French Embassy or the person designated by her.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
A Master’s degree, preferably obtained in France
Good knowledge of French language.
Ability to compose complex written documents in English.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Extensive knowledge of South African higher education system with an existing professional network.
A professional experience in an organisation involved in higher education is an advantage.
Availability to travel for business purposes in South Africa an abroad.
Proficiency in the use of all aspects of MS Office Suite.
Gross salary: R 28,016 per month
Benefits: 13th cheque + medical aid + retirement fund + transport allowance
Dates: Beginning 1st October, 2019.
Position located in Pretoria or Johannesburg with several missions throughout the country and abroad.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV and a cover letter for the attention of the director of IFAS, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 August. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.