Lunch at the Résidence [fr]
- 8 fresh green asparagus per person
- 20g bread crumbs
- 80g parmesan
- 10g capers
- 3 scallops (without coral) per person
- 150ml fish stock
- 1 egg
- 125ml milk
- 1 small bowl of flour
- Sunflower oil
- Salt & pepper
1) Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes (they have to remain firm).
2) Dip the asparagus into the flour, then into the egg and milk mix and finally into the bread crumbs-parmesan mix.
3) Heat up the oil in a saucepan and submerge the asparagus for one minute to color them.
4) In a frying pan, poach the scallops in the fish stock for a few minutes then remove them from the pan.
5) Melt the butter with the capers.
6) Dress the plate: put the asparagus around the scallops and pour the capers sauce over them.
- 4 tuna steaks (around 150g each)
- 400g carrots, 300g cauliflower and 600g baby potatoes
- Butter : 50g for the cooking and 100g for the sauce
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- ½ banch of parsley
- Salt & pepper
1) Leave the butter to soften. Chop the parsley. Mix the butter with the lemon juice and the parsley. Add salt and pepper. Roll this mixture in cling film (very tightly) so as to make cylinders with a diameter of 1.5 to 2 cm. Put into the fridge for 20/25 minutes.
2) Poach the vegetables in boiling water for a few minutes then sauté in a frying pan with butter and olive oil.
3) A few minutes before serving, heat up a grill (or a frying pan). Cook the tuna steaks for a maximum of one minute on each side. Add salt and pepper.
4) Dress the plate: put a thin ring of butter on each steak. You can also slowly melt the butter in a saucepan before pouring it over the steaks.
For the biscuit
- 15g butter
- 20g flour
- 1 teaspoon of almond powder
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated coconut
1) Mix the ingredients.
2) Roll out the mixture until you have a 5mm-thick batter and cut 5cm squares.
3) Cook in a 150° oven until colored.
For the mango compote
- 30g mango juice
- 20g mango puree
- ½ split lengthways and scraped vanilla pod
- 1 pinch of sugar
1) Mix the ingredients and cook them on a low heat for a few minutes.
2) Leave to cool down and keep to one side.
For the parfait
- 1 tablespoon water
- 15g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1g gelatine powder (agar-agar for example)
- 1 teaspoon of mango puree
- 30g mango compote
- 45g whipped cream
1) Melt the sugar with the water and beat it with the egg yolk.
2) Add the other ingredients.
3) Pour the preparation into a frame and put it in the freezer for a night.
4) To serve, cut parfait pieces the size of the biscuits.
For the dressing
- Pistachio ice-cream
- 1 ½ mangos
1) In a plate, pour ¼ of the mango compote.
2) Put a biscuit on the centre with a parfait on it.
3) Cut the mangos in two and make mango beads. Put them on the parfait.
4) Add a quenelle of ice-cream.
5) For decoration, you can also add a wafer and/or a red fruit coulis.