The Chef’s new recipes [fr]
- 6 baby leeks per person
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
For the sauce :
- 2 diced ripe tomatoes
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 chopped small bunch of parsley and coriander
- A few chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 6 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1) In a saucepan, slowly cook all the sauce ingredients.
2) Meanwhile, clean the leeks and cook them in boiling water for 15 minutes, tied together with a kitchen string.
3) Once the leeks are cooked, cut them into equal-size pieces and season to taste (salt, pepper and olive oil).
4) Then, grill them on a grill or in a frying pan (30 seconds on each side).
5) In a plate, nicely display the leeks and pour the sauce over. Serve luke warm.
Optional: you can place a thin piece of raw tuna on the plate.
- 1 middle-size crayfish per person, peeled and cut into 3 pieces
- 50g baby carrots
- 50g cauliflower
- 50g baby potatoes
- 50g broccoli
- 50g baby corn
- 1g saffron pistil
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 100 ml fish stock
- Salt, pepper
1) Put the vegetables in boiling water for 3 minutes.
2) In a frying pan, melt the butter with the oil until it creates a foamy mixture.
3) On a high heat, panfry the crayfish.
4) Add the saffron pistil and the fish stock.
5) Add the boiled vegetables.
6) Gently mix, season.
Dressing suggestion: you can use the crayfish tails, previously boiled.
- 1 ½ cleaned Granny Smith apple : ½ diced, ½ cut up in sticks and ½ for the sorbet
- 12 wild strawberries
- 20 basil leaves
- 2 limes
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 leaf of gelatine
- 1/2g stabiliser
For the sorbet
1) Squeeze the juice from 1 ½ lime.
2) Put ½ of an apple in the food extractor.
3) In a sauce pan, mix 60g of water (4 tablespoons), 40g of castor sugar and stabiliser. Bring to the boil and then add 5 basil leaves. Infuse until cool.
4) Sieve the mixture then mix with the apple and lime juice. Put into the blender with 5 basil leaves.
5) Mix well and put mixture in an ice-cream machine.
6) Keep in the freezer until needed.
To garnish the plates
1) Divide the diced ½ apple in a deep plate and place 3 wild strawberries on each plate. Refrigerate.
2) Put the gelatine in cold water to soften.
3) Squeeze the juice of the 1 ½ remaining limes.
4) In a frying pan, bring to boiling 35g of water (2 tablespoons) and add 60g of sugar, lime juice and 4 basil leaves. Mix well and leave to infuse for 5 minutes. Then put the mixture into the blender and sieve it.
5) Add the gelatine, mix well and cover the diced apple with the mixture. Refrigerate.
6) When ready to serve, display apple sticks in the middle of the plate with a quenelle of sorbet.
7) Add a small basil leave for decoration and serve.