MyFrenchFilmFestival returns for its 10th edition
From January 16 to February 16, 2020, film lovers around the world will have access to the films of this 10th edition of the first online francophone film festival.
Across the globe, and from the comfort of your own home, you’ll have the opportunity to discover the best that new generation French-language cinema has to offer.
In South Africa and in every country on the African continent, the festival is 100% free!
Throughout the month, internet users worldwide will be able to watch a selection of 10 feature films and 10 short films in competition, as well as several films presented out of competition.
All films are subtitled in 10 languages: French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese.
With comedies, thrillers, rom-coms, dramas, and classics, the selection will spotlight the great diversity of French-language cinema.
So pick a film, sit back and relax and enjoy the best of French cinema for free!
Internet users around the world are invited to vote on the festival platform to select their favorite feature film and short film.
THE 2020 FILM SELECTION
The 2020 selection is organized around themes representing the diversity and vitality of French-language cinema, and is divided into the following categories:
• You’ll see stories that blur the line between dream and reality in Is this real?
• A large dose of humor and the absurd in the Say Cheese!
• depictions of armed conflicts and geopolitics past and present in On the frontline
• All about women celebrates women in all their diversity
• Explore the emotional ups and downs of young people trying to find their bearings in the world in Teen spirit
• For the first time, a program of silent animated films aimed at young audiences with My little zoo
• With Les Misérables by Ladj Ly representing France in the race for the Oscar for Best International Feature Film, we look back at portrayals of French suburbia in the Special Screenings section.
Where to see the movies?
On the myFrenchFilmFestival.com platform worldwide. The festival is also available on almost 50 other partner platforms.
Screenings of the films in cinemas near you will take place during the festival.
MyFrenchFilmFestival will also be present on the airplanes. The films will be broadcast by Air France for six months.
Here is a selection of the great films that you will be able to discover during this festival:
Is This Real?
• Jessica Forever by Caroline Poggi and Jonathan Vinel
• Perdrix by Erwan Le Duc
On the Frontline
• To the Ends of the World by Guillaume Nicloux
All About Women
• The Swallows of Kabul by Zabou Breitman and Éléa Gobbé-Mévellec
• School’s Out by Sébastien Marnier
My Little Zoo
• Sam’s Dream by Nölwenn Roberts
More details about the films here
My French Film Festival is an initiative of uniFrance Films, the French government agency in charge of promoting French cinema overseas. http://en.unifrance.org/