NEW DEADLINE: 1,000 African entrepreneurs to take part in Africa-France 2020 Summit
Are you an African entrepreneur? Do you have innovative solutions to promote the emergence of sustainable cities? Come and present them during the "Challenge of 1.000" at the 28th edition of the Africa-France Summit.
France is inviting 1,000 African entrepreneurs to Bordeaux, to present their work and ideas at The City of Solutions, an event dedicated to projects and solutions for sustainable cities and territories to be held from 4 to 6 June, 2020.
Applications are open until February 28th, 2020.
Criteria for the selection process:
• You have to be an African entrepreneur, working in one of the 7 districts of The City of Solutions*;
• Gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply;
• Geographical balance of the origin of entrepreneurs;
• Balance of the themes of the 7 districts*
• Presentation of a viable product or solution, innovative or duplicable at a lower cost, to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view;
• You have to be registered on the Digital Africa platform
*The City of Solutions, 7 themed districts to create the city of the future together
1. Access to essential services
2. Feeding the cities
3. Building and enhancing the city
4. Moving around the city
5. Living in the city
6. Financing and structuring projects
7. Connecting the city
To learn more, visit the Digital Africa website: What is the Challenge of 1,000?
In light of global developments due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Africa-France Summit, due to be held from 4 to 6 June 2020, has been cancelled. In collaboration with African partners, the President of the French Republic will propose to his counterparts an Africa-wide initiative on the healthcare and economic response to COVID-19.