The Embassy of France is hiring!
The Embassy of France seeks to recruit a Press and Communication attaché.
Under the supervision of the press and communication officer, the press and communication attaché is responsible for the Embassy’s internal and external communication. He/She will carry out the following tasks:
1. Monitoring and documenting news developments;
2. Writing daily press reviews;
3. Developing networks with the South African media;
4. Hosting media events, writing and/or edit press releases;
5. Advising on communication strategies;
6. Editing and updating the Embassy website;
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements :
- A degree in journalism, international politics or related field.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role, with an in-depth understanding and awareness of South African and international current affairs.
- A sound knowledge of the South African media and an existing network of media contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to draft clearly and succinctly in English.
- Good command in French would be an advantage.
- Adaptability and creativity.
- Website management skills.
Gross salary: R21 010.00 per month + 13th cheque + medical aid + pension fund and a travel allowance.
Applications close on 23rd May 2014.
Position located in Pretoria.
NB: Non South African candidates must have a current work permit and the right to reside and work in South Africa.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org