The F’SAGRI (French South African Agricultural Institute) launches its second Innovation Prize
The French South African Agricultural Institute (F’SAGRI), created in 2015, provides for capacity building of 3 South African universities (Universities of Limpopo, Venda and Fort Hare) and research institutes in the agricultural and food sectors. It also provides for the development of innovative companies and more generally a close link with companies in the agricultural and agri-food sector. The success of the F’SAGRI Innovation Prize 2019 convinced the participating institutions to organize a similar Innovation Prize in October 2020.
The Prize 2020 will be about innovation in agriculture, more generally speaking. The Innovation Prize is intended for young students and researchers from all the universities of technology in South Africa, or start-up companies on the condition that the laureates startups then engage in a partnership with F’SAGRI universities by taking interns, proposing study cases, participating in workshops.
This year, two price categories are being considered:
- Best applied research - student project
- Best innovation - start-up
The competition is endowed with ZAR 300000 of prizes.
The jury will be made up of different representatives from the institutional and private sectors: Technology Innovation Agency, Department of Science and Innovation, Agricultural research Council, Business France, French Embassy, French Company, The Small Entreprise and Development Agency.
The event will be organized on-line.
- September 13, 2020, midnight: deadline for submission of projects
- September 16, 2020: announcement of the shortlisted candidates
- September 25, 2020, midnight: deadline for submission of posters or Powerpoint presentations
- October 1, 2020: hearing of candidates (candidates will pitch their projects online to the jury) and awards ceremony
How to apply?
Application forms have been defined for each prize category as well as general Terms of Reference.
- FSAGRI/ French Embassy (PDF - 95.9 kb)
- FSAGRI/ French Embassy (Word - 37.5 kb)
- FSAGRI/ French Embassy (Word - 32.8 kb)
The applications have to be sent by e-mail only to the following address: Severine.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, send your questions by email to: email@example.com