The third Paris Peace Forum: building a better world after the pandemic [fr]
Since 2018, the Paris Peace Forum has brought together Heads of State, Government and international organizations with civil society and the private sector to together conceive new forms of collective action.
From 11 to 13 November 2020, the third Forum will be the first international event to address the building of a better world after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Paris Peace Forum contributes to the momentum launched by French President, Emmanuel Macron, to reaffirm the importance of multilateralism and collective action. In 2020, it will primarily focus on the joint response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The main issues discussed throughout the forum will concern solutions to recover from the pandemic: improving global health governance, rethinking capitalism and making it more environmentally friendly, and ensuring that data and social media are solutions and not threats.
In 2020, the Forum will therefore focus on projects and initiatives from around the world aimed at addressing the COVID-19 crisis and improving our collective resilience.
During the Forum, the “Finance in Common” summit on 12 November will highlight the role of public development banks in reconciling the essential short-term responses to the crisis and the long-term recovery measures that will affect the planet and our societies.
To present your project during the third Paris Peace Forum, you have until Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 18:00 (Paris time, 16:00 GMT), to submit your application.
All key global governance actors, including public development banks, States, international organizations, NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks and universities are invited to submit innovative solutions in response to the 2020 Call for Projects.
Particular attention will be paid to projects aimed at:
- Improving global health governance;
- Using and regulating the digital tools and platforms developed to respond to the crisis;
- Supporting civil society and economic activity during a pandemic.
Initiatives concerning other global governance issues will also be promoted during the forum, including those around the following goals:
- Building more robust security architectures;
- Reconciling development finance and climate action;
- Inventing a sustainable capitalism;
- Protecting the oceans;
- Improving access to drinking water;
- Making outer space safer and better regulated;
- Securing cyber space;
- Regulating the use of data and artificial intelligence;
- Advancing education governance;
- Ensuring gender equality.
The Paris Peace Forum contributes to the momentum launched by French President, Emmanuel Macron, to reaffirm the importance of multilateralism and collective action. It is built around three pillars:
- Objectives: encouraging international cooperation and collective action for a peaceful world;
- Approaches: presentations, discussions and progress on innovative, real-world solutions;
- Ambitions: enhancing, rethinking or creating new rules, standards and best practices.