University Cooperation Officer - Interim position available
EMBASSY OF FRANCE IN SOUTH AFRICA
Interim position (4 months)
The Embassy of France is seeking to appoint for 4 months an Officer in charge of cooperation between universities whose main objective will be promoting French higher education. He (She) will carry out the following tasks:
1. Set up and animate premises for information on higher studies in France in the main cities in cooperation with the Alliance Française network.
2. Provide high quality analysis on South African higher education and strategic recommendations for increasing the number of students going to France.
3. Impulse cooperation between French and South African higher education institutions by setting up exchange programmes.
4. Assist in the setting-up of bursary programmes.
5. Manage the bursary programmes.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree
- Good knowledge of French language.
- Ability to compose complex written documents in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of South African higher education with an existing professional network.
- A professional experience in an organisation involved in higher education is an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of all aspects of MS Office Suite.
Remuneration: R 25,000 per month
Dates: Mid-June to mid-October
Position located in Pretoria with possible missions throughout the country.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV and a cover letter for the attention of the head of cooperation of the Embassy, to the following email address: pretoria[at]campusfrance.org by 15 April 2017. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.